This Policy covers all of West Street Antiques operations in the EEA, as well as other locations globally, in relation to the collection and use of your information.
If you have any questions about this Policy or concerning your personal information, please contact email@example.com or by post to West Street Antiques 63 West Street Dorking Surrey RH4 1BS, UK
This Policy may be changed from time to time. If we make any significant changes we will advertise this on the Site or contact you directly with the information.
This Policy was last updated in May 2018
1 . How Do We Collect Information?
We may collect information from you whenever you contact us or have any involvement with us for example when you:
- visit the Site
- enquire about our activities or services
- sign up to receive news about our activities
- create or update a profile by making a purchase from the web site.
- agree to sell your property through West Street Antiques or ask us to perform a valuation
- contact us in any way including online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
2 . How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use your personal information in several ways which reflect the legal basis applying to processing of your data. These may include:
- providing you with the information or services you have asked for
- sending you communications with your consent that may be of interest, including marketing information about our services and activities
- when necessary, for carrying out your obligations under any contract between us
- maintaining our organisational records and ensuring we know how you prefer to be contacted
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
3 . Who Has Access To Your Information?
- Your personal data will be processed by West Street Antiques.
- Where it is necessary to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested, we will transfer your personal data to third parties (for example: we may transfer your data to our bank, payment card system operators, shippers, , insurers, catalogue and direct marketing fulfilment and distribution). These organisations will only use the information to carry out the instructed services and on the basis, that the information is confidential and secure. Some of these organisations may be located outside the EEA (please see below).
- We do not transfer your personal data to third parties who wish to use it for their own marketing or other purposes.
- We may need to carry out anti-money laundering and trade sanction checks and for us to do so we may need to retain and disclose certain information about you to appropriate agencies. This is also to assist with fraud, crime prevention and detection.
- We will only disclose your personal data when we receive a request from a government or law enforcement authority to provide your data in two situations: when we are ordered to do so by a court; or after we have undertaken an internal review and conclude that the institution making the request has both complied with the correct procedure and has the right to seek disclosure.
- Third parties who provide services for us, for example Mail Chimp. We select our third-party service providers with care. We provide these third parties with only the information that is necessary to provide the service and we will have an agreement in place that requires them to operate with the same care over data protection as we do
We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so under any legal obligation and may use external data for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction, or where doing so would not infringe your rights, but is necessary and in the public interest.
Other than this, we will not share your information with other organisations without your consent.
- How Do We keep Your Information Safe?
We recognise and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to West Street Antiques from loss or misuse.