A Very Fine Cased Pair of Percussion Duelling Pistols by Durs Egg. 15 ½” overall, 10” sighted octagonal barrels signed in gold ‘D Egg London’, with percussion patent breeches with standing rearsights. Finely engraved tangs. The stepped lockplates engraved at tails, with safety bolts and engraved hammers. The lockplates scroll engraved ‘D. Egg’. Walnut full stocks with coarsely chequered butts and engraved iron furniture, consisting of small buttcaps, spurred long trigger guards engraved with trophy of arms, set triggers. Horn tipped ramrods, one with screw and one with powder measure. In their original caddy topped mahogany case with inset brass handle and lined with original green baize. With original Durrs Egg Haymarket trade label & accessories including 4 way red leather covered flask, turn screw, bullet mould, wad cutter, oil bottle, rare steel Egg loading rod with a jag. Bone cap box. Also with original flint cocks, frizzens and springs.
Very high quality pistols made Circa 1790 and converted to percussion Circa 1830
Durs Egg at Haymarket from 1786 to 1805
Very Good Condition pistols very well converted to percussion
Ex W. Keith Neal Collection, with Keith Neal collection tag P311